Aberdeen AB15 8BE
10 facts about Aberdeen’s Highland Games
1. The date of the games always coincides with Father’s Day making it a great day out for all the family and easy to remember!
2. Save 10% by buying your tickets before 31 May from Eventbrite. We’re pleased to be able to keep prices the same as recent years. See prices below.
3. Every year we vary the children’s activities to offer a different experience every year. For 2017 the following activities are all included in the ticket price, (included in ticket price), we have a children’s stage show ‘Highland Fling’ by Funbox segways, trampolines, climbing wall, come and try bikes, workshops with Aberdeen Science Centre, Aberdeen Festivals and how to build a boat.
4. Cheer on competitors in the traditional events such as tossing the caber, track and field events, plus we are the hosts of the 725kg Scottish TOW championship for Scottish Highland Games Association. Don’t miss the fine displays of highland dancing too.
5. Enjoy the rousing sound of the pipes in both the solo piping competition and see the impressive gathering of all the pipe bands as they play and march around the arena. Don’t forget your camera!
6. Browse the trade and charity stalls selling gifts, arts and crafts and clothing. Plus the Scottish Culture and Traditions musicians and the birds of prey have been popular attractions in recent years.
7. A range of food and drink from catering units will be available to purchase. Fingers crossed the sun will shine so you have the perfect excuse to treat yourself to an ice cream. And for the over 18’s there’s a beer tent.
8. Dogs are welcome but please keep them on a short lead at all times. Bring along their bowl as owners are welcome to use the water tap available on site for their four legged friends.
9. There’s ample FREE car parking. A local charity provides the car park stewards who will have collecting buckets if you can spare some small change.
10. The Number 11 bus orange line operated by First (see 11 route and timetable) and the X17 bus (see X17 route and timetable) operated by Stagecoach, both pass near Hazlehead Park.